The production of resin ornaments
The production of resin handicrafts is a process from the liquefaction of a specific resin to curing. The resin is liquid at first, and after curing, it becomes a hard and brittle chemical like ceramics. Its color is very malleable, so it can be painted by hand after the shape is finished, so as to achieve the desired effect.
The approximate process is as follows:
1. Sculpt what you want to do first, generally use glaze soil
2. Open the mold with silicone after carving, and use a fixed silicone mold such as soil and gypsum until it is formed.
3. Put unsaturated resin in the container, and add an appropriate amount of filler for uniform stirring. The resin crafts made after uniform stirring can reduce the appearance of defects. After uniform stirring, add an appropriate amount of curing agent and accelerator to the unsaturated resin and continue to perform uniform stirring. Pour the prepared resin into the silicone mold, wait for the resin to cure, and then release the mold.
4. Since the mold is taken out, there will be burrs or damage, and it needs to be repaired, leveled, polished, etc.
5. The appearance of the product is intact and free of defects. After polishing, it is painted with the required color.
6. After lustrous, it is packaged.
Maintenance of resin ornaments
1. Take it lightly
Although resin crafts are very beautiful, they are also easily damaged, so you must handle them with care when viewing them. Usually do not always move its position to prevent bumps when moving, which will cause scratches on the surface.
2. Storage of resin handicraft ornaments
Crafts made of this material should be protected from direct sunlight, so they should not be placed in a place exposed to the sun, otherwise, they will crack for a long time. Second, it can’t be placed in a particularly humid place either. In a particularly humid environment, individual resins are prone to mildew due to the material. If you have high-end resin artwork at home, you can put it on the furniture in the living room to ensure that it is not exposed to the sun.
3. Cleaning and polishing
When cleaning, you can use a dry cotton cloth or feather duster to dust off the resin crafts. If you find that the luster of the resin handicraft ornaments is not good at ordinary times, you can use a brush to apply the glazing wax to the surface of the resin handicraft, and wipe it with a rag for polishing; or wipe it with a waxy or grease-containing fabric.
Composition of resin crafts
Resin is generally considered to be a normal metabolite or secretion of plant tissues and often coexists with volatile oils in plant secretory cells, resin canals, or vessels, especially in vessels in the heartwood of perennial woody plants. A mixture composed of multiple components, usually amorphous solid, with a slightly glossy surface, hard and brittle, and a few semi-solid. It is insoluble in water and does not swell by water absorption, and is easily soluble in most organic solvents such as alcohol, ether, chloroform, etc. Heating and softening, and finally melting, there is thick smoke when burning, and there is a special aroma or odor. It is divided into two categories: natural resin and synthetic resin.
Amorphous organic substances derived from the secretions of animals and plants in nature, such as rosin, benzoin, amber, shellac
Resin products are obtained by chemical synthesis of simple organic substances or by chemical reactions of certain natural products, such as phenolic resins, and polyvinyl chloride resins.
The advantages of resin ornaments
1. Resin ornaments are usually made of a cured high-grade liquid unsaturated resin. Its advantages are good elasticity, good transparency, can make various shapes, can also make various luminous effects, transparent and opaque, the biggest advantage is that metal, plastic, hourglass, photos, printing various text and patterns, resin It can be made into various shapes and has great market potential.
2. Resin handicrafts are made of resin as the main raw material, but some other materials may also be added to them. They are formed through mold casting to make various exquisite and realistic characters, animals, birds, landscapes, etc., and can be made into various simulation effects. In the process of making resin jewelry, if some other materials are appropriately added and the proportion of different resins is adjusted, it can have different properties and functions, and the hardness and appearance of the final product will be different accordingly. For example, adding marble powder to it can make handicrafts similar to marble. There are also: imitation copper, imitation gold, imitation silver, imitation crystal, imitation agate, imitation marble, imitation white marble, imitation wood and other resin crafts. High-quality resin ornaments are generally safe and non-toxic.
3. The details of resin handicrafts are highly restored. The silicone soft mold is formed by pouring the master mold, and it seamlessly surrounds the master mold during the curing process; the production process of the resin handicraft embryo body is cured by grouting, which is just the reverse process, so it can highly restore the detail of the mold.
4. The surface of resin handicrafts can do various effects such as painting, antique, oil injection, UV, electroplating, etc. It can imitate various glossy metal surfaces, wood, etc., and is a material with a high degree of simulation. For some other materials, the surface treatment process will not be so flexible.